Johns Hopkins Researchers, Carestream Scientists Give Presentations on Medical Imaging Advances at RSNA
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Oct. 5 — Researchers from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Carestream Health scientists will participate in scientific presentations that showcase advances in medical imaging at the 2017 Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) conference.
All 2017 RSNA presentations are available for viewing on the RSNA program web site including these that feature experts from Johns Hopkins and Carestream:
- “High-resolution extremity cone beam CT with a CMOS X-ray detector: system design and applications in quantitative assessment of bone health,” on Monday, Nov. 27, from 12:45-1:15 p.m. at Room PH Community, Learning Center. Authors are: Q. Cao, M. Brehler, A. Sisniega, G.K. Thawait, J.W. Stayman, J. Yorkston, S. Demehri, J.H. Siewerdsen and W. Zbijewski.
- “Effect of flat and curved system geometry on X-ray scatter distribution and selection of antiscatter grids,” on Monday, Nov. 27, from 3:40-3:50 p.m. in Room S403A. Authors are: A. Sisniega, W. Zbijewski, P. Wu, J.W. Stayman, N. Aygun, V. Koliatsos, X. Wang, D.H. Foos and J.H. Siewerdsen.
- “Evaluation of bone erosions in rheumatoid arthritis patients using CBCT and MRI,” on Monday, Nov. 27, from 3:50-4:00 p.m. in Room E451B. Authors are: G.K. Thawait, W. Zbijewski, A. Martin, S. Demehri, J. Fritz, J. Yorkston, M. Albayda, C. Bingham and J.H. Siewerdsen.
- “Automatic algorithm for joint morphology measurements in volumetric musculoskeletal imaging,” on Thursday, Nov. 30, from 10:40-10:50 a.m. in Room S403B. Authors are: M. Brehler, G.K. Thawait, Q. Cao, J. Kaplan, J. Ramsay, J. Yorkston, S. Demehri, J.H. Siewerdsen and W. Zbijewski.
- Scientists from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine will present “Effect of motion compensation on the image quality of cone beam CT scans in a musculoskeletal setting,” on Monday, Nov. 27, from 3:10-3:20 p.m. in Room S404AB. Authors are: G.K. Thawait, A. Sisniega, S. Demehri, D. Shakoor, J.W. Stayman, J.H. Siewerdsen and W. Zbijewski.
Read the blog on Everything Rad to learn more about the findings and research that will be presented at RSNA17.
To view information about the wide range of Carestream products and systems being demonstrated at RSNA please visit www.carestream.com.